Selleys Blockade is a neutral cure multi-purpose solvent borne copolymer rubber based sealant offering good all round performance.
Selleys Blockade is a general purpose sealant. It can be used on metals, most plastics, painted and unpainted timber, and masonry substrates. It can be used on many wet substrates. It can be used on metals even if they have an oily surface film typical on new metals; e.g. Zincalume? and galvanised iron. Selleys Blockade is available in grey colour and cures to a flexible rubber with good adhesion to most building materials.
Some applications include sealing or repairing roofs, awnings, skylights, ceramic tiles, gutters and downpipes, around window frames, plumbing entrances, vinyl or aluminium siding and roof flashings, sealing leaks in caravans and recreation vehicles, and waterproof bedding for glass when reglazing windows.
- High performance copolymer rubber based for indoor and outdoor applications
- Universal sealant – adheres to most substrates
- Neutral cure – will not attack metal or concrete type substrates
- Adheres to many wet substrates, especially if pre-wiped with acetone
- Good working characteristics, easy to apply and tool
- Offers good weatherability and resistance to U.V. light
- Good slump resistance
- Good paintability – can be over painted immediately with oil based and water based paints. For best results it is recommended to first undercoat with a premium water based undercoat.
- Easy clean up with mineral turps
For SDS click here
Technical Data Sheet
Enter postcode below to find your nearest store...