Selleys Silicone 401
Silicone 401 RTV is a one part ready to use, acid cure, room temperature vulcanising (RTV), silicone adhesive sealant.
Selleys Silicone 401 cures rapidly on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a versatile, durable, resilient silicone rubber. It is available in clear and black.
Silicone 401 is suitable for form-in-place gaskets and for adhesive, sealing and electrical insulating applications in manufacturing and plant maintenance.
- Wide Temperature Tolerance: Remains permanently flexible under operating temperatures from – 60°C to 205°C, and will tolerate short periods of 260°C
- Good Chemical Resistance: Good resistance to most organic and inorganic chemicals, solvents and oils
- Primerless Adhesion: Adheres without primer to many metal, glass, ceramic, rigid plastic, rubber painted and wood substrates
- Non-toxic: Suitable for incidental food contact in food handling equipment and food contact surfaces
- Excellent Weatherability: Excellent resistance to ozone, UV light and ageing
- Good Electrical Insulating Properties: Insulating properties are comparable to other insulating rubbers at room temperature, though performs better than many other rubbers at higher temperatures and water has little effect on these properties
For SDS click here
Technical Data Sheet
Enter postcode below to find your nearest store...