Selleys Butyl Mastic
Butyl Mastic is a synthetic resin, butyl rubber based mastic which forms a smooth tough skin, but remains permanently plastic underneath.
Having excellent adhesion to timber, glass, concrete, masonry, aluminium, steel and marble, Selleys Butyl Mastic is a versatile sealant for joint movement not exceeding ±8%. Selleys Butyl Mastic is available in 3 colours – White (off-white colour), Black and Grey.
Applications for Butyl Mastic include:
- Sealing aluminium windows to masonry
- Sealing joints between pre-cast concrete panels or porcelain enamelled panels
- Sealing edges of all types of wallboards or wherever a permanent waterproof seal is required
- Sealing lap joints between metal applications with the inclusion of fasteners
- It is ideal for dustproofing cars, trucks, caravans, boats, etc. and is suitable for sealing cracks and gaps around brickwork, roofing, cladding, etc.
For SDS click here
Technical Data Sheet
Enter postcode below to find your nearest store...