Basement Waterproofing Solution for Perth Project
3rd May 2017
Located in the Perth’s tree-lined heritage precinct at the east end of the CBD, BGC Development’s significant redevelopment of the former FESA headquarters site heralds a new era for the area.
The jewel in the crown of this unique mixed-use development will be Perth’s newest and most luxurious hotel – The Westin Perth, operated by Marriott International. A landscaped plaza willconnect the hotel, as well as retail and dining which will be housed in lovingly restored heritage buildings.(www.480hay.com.au)
This project required a fully bonded waterproofing solution to the raft slab and lift pits that were constructed significantly below the water table in this two level basement linking to the diaphragm wall.
The confined nature of the construction added complexity in terms of program and logisticsalong with the need for a fully dry internal environment.
Proofex Engage was offered as the ideal solution for this project. Proofex Engage is a unique patented waterproof membrane system comprising a cell mesh bonded to a blended polyethylene/polypropylene membrane. It allows poured concrete to interlock, forming a tenacious mechanical bond. Proofex Engage provides water, water vapourand gas protection to water excluding structures and protects concrete from aggressive ground salts, chemicals and hydrocarbons.
The benefits of using Proofex Engage for the application include:
- Ease and speed of application.
- Enabled contractor to work between ongoing excavations and following steel fixers so as not to hold up work program.
- Robust allowing ease of installation of reinforcing steel.
- Membrane composition provided excellent flexibility for detailing, combined with high durability and toughness for site trafficking.
- Fully bonded system preventing water tracking between membrane and concrete
Enter postcode below to find your nearest store...